Welcome to Phoenix Cycling Club.
We always love to see some new faces
Its very simple to join us.
1. See the types of runs we offer.
2. Make contact with via Facebook or Twitter and we’ll get you sorted on the group best suited to you.
3. Make sure you have the correct kit (for the time of year), have lights front and back, wear a helmet, bring food (Banana/energy bar etc) + at least 1 water bottle. Winter runs will stop for coffee, but sometimes the runs will only stop for water breaks etc. Bring spare tubes incase of a puncture.
4. Follow the public Phoenix Cycling Club Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
5. If you like what you see and you want to become a full member of Phoenix, get in contact with us via Facebook, Twitter of the Website and we will advise you on how to become a member of Cycling Ireland (everyone needs to join). Once you are a member you can select Phoenix CC as your chosen club. Annual membership fee is £20.
7. Once you are an official member you will be able to purchase the club kit, join the WhatsApp run groups and be provided access to the official Phoenix Facebook club member Facebook group.
Why join us?
- Cycling Ireland Membership
- Be part of a community
- Be insured for personal accident and third party
- Access to 100’s of events taking place throughout the year
- Avail of various discounts from our partners and sponsors
- Coach education programmes
- Develop cyclists from grass roots to high performance
Phoenix Cycling Club membership:
Phoenix CC is a large club serving the wider Belfast area.
We have a membership of over 270 cyclists and supporters. Membership with Phoenix will offer you:
- Friendship, Craic and Camaraderie
- Phoenix Club kit, against charge
- Voting rights on club businesses where appropriate
- Opportunity to make presentation to the Management
- Committee with any topics you wish to bring to their attention
- Various discounts for goods and services from our sponsors
- Support in open competitions, such as team entries, race support and logistics
- Coaching (under development)
- organised training runs
- club competition for road race and time trial
- organised training weeks and sportives abroad
- social activities such as annual prize presentation, leisure cycles and BBQ
As a member of Phoenix Cycling Club you are asked to:
- comply with all policies and procedures ( to be found on the files section In the members Facebook page.
- wear your club kit with pride and ensure acceptable standards of behaviour when doing so (refer to ‘Code of Conduct in the files section on the members Facebook Page)
- make use of your voting rights
- support the club’s activities through volunteering at club organised events for at least 1 day per year
As a Phoenix Club member you could also:
- Contribute your ideas to the club’s development in the first instance by speaking to a member of the committee
- Stand for election at the Annual General Meeting to join the Management Committee
We are one of the biggest and oldest cycling clubs in the British Isles participating in many forms of cycling. Having such a large membership has caused some communication problems for us in reaching all our members. This website (www.phoenixcc.net) is one of ways we relay information to members. Our most important and up to date form of communication is the Phoenix Facebook Page. Please take some time to visit us there. This is where all up to the minute club information about events and what is happening is stored. If you wish to contact us you can send us a message via Facebook or Twitter and one of the committee will get back to you.
The club is regularly active in most forms of cycling and our main weekly activity is our Saturday morning club run.
For most members the weekly Saturday and Sunday club runs are their main club activity. On Saturdays (the more popular day) up to 80 riders leave to cover various distances at different speeds. Usually 5 runs leave, distances range from 35 miles to 75 miles with the fastest run averaging 20mph and the slowest run about 12 mph, so there is something for everyone. Please come along, you will be made to feel very welcome.
A number of members compete in local road races during the summer months as well as our weekly Tuesday night club handicap races that are run on a league basis to find our club league champion.
Women are well represented at our club runs, club races and open races
Leisure cycling is all about enjoying your bike and great company. It can be on or off road, though in Phoenix it is mainly road based. The venues can be on our doorstep, although in recent years more and more cyclists from the club are travelling to Majorca, the Alps and the Pyrenees to indulge themselves in their favourite sport.
The club is pleased to have as sponsors Traction Finance and Gerard Maguire Solicitors.